Wednesday, July 6, 2011

First Blog!

Well I'm not a writer at all but here I am blogging! For those who do not know me I guess it would be smart to give some information on who I am. My name is Marlene and I'm a devoted follower of Jesus Christ! That will probably be evident in my blogs considering the reason for making this blog is mainly to share what the Lord is teaching me. I'll most likely end up blogging about random things during the day too. I was born and raised in Memphis, TN and absolutely love it. Most of my mother's side of the family lives here so Memphis is definitely home to me. I'm currently living in Memphis but will be moving to Jackson, TN for college at Union University in about six weeks. In college I will be majoring in Math and minoring in Education and Spanish. I feel like God is calling me to teach middle/high school kids and wanted to minor in spanish 1. because Memphis has many hispanics who can't speak English and 2. because I LOVE mission trips and would love to be able to speak to the spanish speaking people while i'm on them. Now that you know a little about me i'll tell you my reason for blogging. As I said before, this is mainly to share what God is teaching me. I have grown up in a Christian home my whole life and got saved at a young age. I didn't truely understand what it meant for my life though until early in junior year of high school. I feel like many Christians are living defeated today and not just young teenagers or children but also adults who haven't tasted of the Lord and seen His goodness. There is no greater joy than the unbroken fellowship with the Lord. So I hope that as I share what God is teaching me, it will encourage those who haven't tasted to taste a tiny bit of what God has to offer and for those who are whole-heartedly seeking the Lord, I hope it encourages and blesses you. Enough of the introductory blog though! I'll start blogging the real stuff soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment